Updo hairstyles 2021 are one of the most beautiful trends today: Marie-Antoinette-style bouffants and curls, updo tails, buns, and even maleficent horns.
Stylish, elegant, modern, and very feminine: if your hair is medium length or longer, updo hairstyles 2021 are your must-have not only for the evening but for all occasions.
Moreover, most of them can be done easily and quickly, with our step-by-step instructions, and they are suitable for almost every girl.
Our creative ideas will help you quickly make such beauty at home even every day. All about high fashion for medium and long hair in our new material!
- Features of Updo Hairstyles 2021 for Long Hair
- Trendy Updo Hairstyles 2021 For Medium Length Hair
- Evening Options
- Everyday Options
- Features of Updo Hairstyles 2021 for Medium Length Hair
- How to Choose Updo Hairstyles 2021?
- Hair Color for Updo Hairstyles 2021
- For brunettes
- For Blondes
- For Redheads
- For Brown-Haired
- Techniques for Prom Updo Hairstyles 2021
- With Elegant Curls
- Bun Updo Braids Hairstyles 2021
- Updo Mohawk
- Everyday Updo Hairstyles 2021 For Long Hair
- Two Bundles
- Knotted Tail
- Updo Braids Hairstyles 2021: Braid in Bundles
- Bouffant Curls
- Black Updo Hairstyles 2021 for Curly Hair
- Harness Hairstyle
- Updo Spikelet Braid
- Bridal Prom Updo Hairstyles 2021
- With a Veil
- With Diadem
Features of Updo Hairstyles 2021 for Long Hair
Updo styling is an excellent option for beautiful long hair. It is worth remembering, however, that long hair will not last as well as medium hair. To prolong the life of the image, do not neglect styling products and accessories: hairpins, fixing sprays, etc.
Simple options for updo styling – bunches, buns, tails – will require very little time: from 5 to 15 minutes. More complex hairstyles (for example, bridal updo braids hairstyles 2021) can take up to two to three hours.
But both, when having a certain skill, can be done at home.
Trendy Updo Hairstyles 2021 For Medium Length Hair
In the new season, fashionable stylists have given free rein to their imagination, playing on the theme of the usual tails and bunches in a deliberately theatrical manner.
Instead of the classic ponytail on the runways, a jeweled ponytail: a vibrant variation on this theme can be seen at the Versace spring/summer show.
Instead of the double bunches fashionable last season, sophisticated horns, like Angelina Jolie-Maleficent (Vaquera), are used.
Instead of Hollywood curls with a light bouffant on the crown, there is a cap of small curls with a dizzying bouffant, like on the wigs of the Spanish monarchs (Miu-Miu).
To add volume to low tails, which are slowly replacing horsetails this season, stylists complement their hairstyles with voluminous bouffants in the crown: this interesting innovation transforms the usual smooth styling into updo ones.
Tufts are accompanied by openwork strands laid out on the forehead like Mehendi (Burberry), decorated with vintage jewelry (Tony Ward), or collected from flagella (Giorgio Armani).
In addition, two symmetrical tails (Alexander Wang), a ponytail made of afro-braids (Artschool), mini-buns, or tails with loose hair (Selam Fessahaye) are trendy.
Features of Updo Hairstyles 2021 for Medium Length Hair
Medium length is ideal for updo hairstyles.
On such hair, styling keeps its shape and volume longer. In addition, curls are less tangled in the process of creating a hairstyle, so you can make a spectacular everyday look in 10-15 minutes.
The evening option will be costlier in terms of time, however, you can do it on your own.
How to Choose Updo Hairstyles 2021?
Face shape, the specificity of the event, and hair color are the three main factors that are important to consider when choosing updo hairstyles 2021.
With the face shape, everything is more or less simple:
- if it is oval, feel free to do any styling;
- if it is round – avoid classic updo beams (they make you look fat);
- if triangular or square – bouffant on the sides and smooth licked options will be contraindicated for you.
Hair Color for Updo Hairstyles 2021
2021 updo hairstyles for black hair make the image brighter and help to draw attention to the complexion: this suits both dark-skinned brunettes and those with porcelain skin and dark hair.
An elegant ponytail, two buns, and a ponytail braid is perfect for the office or daytime event. For the evening, let go of one strand of the face and wind it with a curling iron: the image will become more romantic.
On light hair, curls look much more impressive than on dark ones, therefore, when choosing an updo styling for blonde hair, give preference to options with curlers or curling iron: bunches collected from curls – for office everyday life, updo braids hairstyles 2021 on the base of curls – for the evening.
Another indispensable option for a blonde is a shell: this hairstyle will give a woman aristocracy and is suitable for both daytime and evening events.
Red curls are bold and bright in themselves. And if you put them in a shell or a bundle with strands released from the face, there is a chance to become an office star.
Updo braids hairstyles 2021 with a pile on the top will captivate the audience of any social event.
A brown-haired woman will look even more delicate if she chooses the most careless of all the options for updo styling.
In the case of braids, they should be semi-relaxed. If you choose bunches, then, it’s better to try buns. If the tails, then with a light bouffant on the crown and slightly curled ends.
Techniques for Prom Updo Hairstyles 2021
It’s pretty easy to do this at home. True, step-by-step instructions from stylists will definitely be required.
With Elegant Curls
- Wash and dry your hair and apply styling foam.
- Roll your curls into curlers or curling iron.
- Divide the hair with a horizontal parting so that the front part is slightly less voluminous than the back.
- Tie the hair back into a ponytail.
- Comb the hair in the front lightly and lay over the elastic that holds the ponytail, fix with bobby pins.
- Fix the hairstyle with the help of a hair spray.
Bun Updo Braids Hairstyles 2021
- Use a horizontal parting.
- Lock the hair in front.
- Make a French braid from the base of the hair to the neck.
- Form a sloppy, voluminous bun.
- Fix with hairpins and hair spray.
- Comb through clean hair and apply a lather.
- Gather the curls at the back of your head in a ponytail.
- Twist the tail into a shell, hide the ends of the plait inside the hairstyle.
- Fasten the structure with pins and bobby pins.
- Smooth hair with hair oil or gel.
- Fix with hair spray.
- Apply a styling product to clean hair.
- Comb and gather the strands at the sides of the temples using the bobbins.
- Style the rest of your loose hair in an updo ponytail.
- Comb the ponytail and fix the hairstyle with hair spray.
Everyday Updo Hairstyles 2021 For Long Hair
And now we will tell you how to make beautiful everyday hairstyles 2021 for long hair. You won’t need much time, but our instructions will definitely come in handy.
- Apply mousse to clean, dry hair and part horizontally from ear to ear.
- Tie the front of your hair into a ponytail.
- Lay the back strands in an updo ponytail.
- Loosen the front curls, comb them lightly and cover the elastic attachment at the base of the tail with them.
- Wrap the elastic attachment with the ends of the front hair, fix it with a hairpin, and fixing spray.
- Comb your clean hair and part with a vertical parting.
- Tie two updo tight tails.
- Twist the ponytails into bundles.
- Fix with hairpins and fixing spray.
- Tie a ponytail.
- Divide the tail into two halves and tie a knot from them.
- Fix with hairpins and fixing spray.
- Leave the rest of the tail free.
Updo Braids Hairstyles 2021: Braid in Bundles
- Divide the ponytail into three to four strands.
- Braid each strand.
- Wrap the base of the tail in braids, fix with hairpins, and fixing spray.
- Roll up the curls and part the front of the hair with a horizontal parting from ear to ear.
- Comb the curls in the front.
- Gather the bouffant on the back of the head with a hair clip, fix with spray.
- The rest of the curls can be loose or in a ponytail.
Black Updo Hairstyles 2021 for Curly Hair
Curly black hair can be tamed too. We will tell you how, and give examples of the most stylish, but simple hairstyles.
- Pull your hair into an updo ponytail without pulling it too tight.
- Divide the tail into strands, twist each strand in turn into harnesses.
- Wrap harness around the base of the tail, but not tightly. It shouldn’t be a bunch, but an openwork flower.
- Fix the styling with pins.
- Release a strand from your face, fix with hair spray.
- Part your hair in a straight part and braid two fishtail braids.
- Straighten the braids by slightly pulling them in different directions around the edges: this will make the braiding more voluminous.
- Tuck the braids around your head.
- Hide the ends under the hairstyle, fix with a bobby pin, and hair spray.
Updo Spikelet Braid
- Braid a not very tight spikelet from the base of the tail.
- Fix the braid with a thin silicone rubber band.
- Fix with hair spray and decorate with accessories if you plan to go out.
Bridal Prom Updo Hairstyles 2021
Do you have your wedding soon? We tell you about the most delicate and stylish styling for the most important day in your life.
With a Veil
- Roll up your curls and gather them into an updo ponytail.
- Form a flower of curls around the base of the tail using hairspray and hairpins.
- Fix the veil to the back of your head.
- Fix the hairstyle.
- Use a curling iron, tongs, or curlers.
- Divide the hair with a horizontal parting.
- Comb the front of the hair and fix at the back of the head with bobby pins, keeping the volume at the crown.
- Leave a couple of strands onto your face.
- Place the tiara at the base of the bouffant.
- Fix your hair with hair spray.